Updated : 9 Sept , 2021
" Will be free soon, reaching station by 5.30 & When are you ? " appeared on the screen as my phone's message tone rang. Before I could answer anything , I heard the announcement , the same monotonous voice which after hearing many times a day , remembered every word of it which goes like " May I have your attention please 64454 Delhi Passenger to Sonipat via Subzi Mandi is arriving on platform number one .
The announcement was made so late that I could actually see the train few metres away from me . It was whistling so loudly , probably sending it's arrival signals to all those chatty aunties who were still busy in their favourite gossips , badmouthing their inlaw's obviously . It was all chaos . People were hitting each other , crushing down each other's feet only for that fucking window seat . I have been in the shoes but today it was all different . I was very happy that we were meeting after around one month which actually felt like a year to me . I really do not know how the time passes away with him , I could actually spend the whole way standing .
I couldn't board the train now . I stepped back a little bit , giving passengers the way . Within few minutes the entire station was completely deserted . No one could perhaps guess about the crowd and the kind of environment it was till few moments back . Taking the freaking advantage of the silence , I finally decided to call him . " Baby I've already reached the station . You take it easy ! " I said in a chirping voice . " Will be there within half an hour . See ya ! " he said while ending the call . It was 5.05 pm by then . I was here for heading home via 5 pm daily passenger train . Now , I was all alone and unoccupied too , just waiting for my love , longing to have a look at him . Counting the forks of the clock , I made it till 5.30 pm. I became more vigilant after hearing the very first announcement for our train .
" Baby where did you reach ? They made the first one , please hurry up " I called him . " This fucking junk ass rickshaw broke down on the way and now it's moving intermittently , but baby you don't worry I'll be there very soon " . After that , all the time I was either looking for him or constantly staring my watch . I wanted to know about each of his circs but did not want to bother him even . It was quarter to six by now and the final announcement was made , he still hadn't come . I was worried now . I called him reluctantly and told him the case . " It'll take a little longer . You do one thing , you board it , I'll catch you there . " Baby you come , we'll board together. " "I'll try my best to reach there on time else will come by 7 pm passenger train ." "I'll also wait and we'll go by that "
" You quietly do as I say , don't even think of leaving it . It would be too late for you ." "Okay then we'll go by ladies " " Baby you know this is not possible , even if I agree , they won't . Please keep my words".
" They'll , you do not worry about that . Just come fast . 7 will be late even for you . You have to prepare for the internal right ? ! " and then this fucking network , shits all the time ; anytime anywhere capable of hanging you in the middle . Pissed me off !
Exactly at 5.50 pm , the train stopped at the platform but I kept sitting on the stairs , away from the mob. This time also I watched it just passing by . The announcement for ladies special passenger train from Delhi to Panipat via Subzi Mandi and Sonipat was made as soon as the former left the sight . Still nothing was certain about him yet . And someone said it so truly whenever there is a mess , rest of all the problems make sure to accompany together. Already he after assuring me for 5.30 pm hadn't reached till 6 and now in the midst of all these troubles , another misfortune had waved at us . The train was very much on time and I could see the sight of it , few metres away from me , slowly coming towards shaking the head , seemed as if it was also poking fun at my condition.
All of a sudden , I noticed some flash, my attention turned to the screen of my cellphone . I got his message saying that he is just few steps away and would catch this one , I must board it .
I had some hope now but this junkie , with it's each step being closer towards me , was causing my heart rate become x times . Eventually it stopped on the platform . I stood there , looking for him , for a while but then as soon as the horn blew I had to climb into it unwillingly . But my eyes , they were still standing at the doorway , searching for him everywhere .
Finally , they stopped , as if they got their destination . They got the sight of a 6 feet tall , fair and quite handsome man , covered from head to toe with sweat all over , running hard to catch the compartment anyhow . I stood at the very last step of the train and extended my hand towards him in order to ease him while climbing up the stairs of the compartment . " Be little inward and stand cautiously else would fall down . I'll manage " " Nothing will happen to me , you give me your hand . " Baby be attentive , it might come in between " I said nervously . And then fighting all the misfortunes and disorders he held my hand , it took a lot of pressure to my hand but I finally pulled him in . We both lost our balance for a while but became stable by clasping in each other's arms . It took us a small jiff to be back in the moment .
We were standing at the door of the compartment and I was very nervous for putting my love and rest of the ladies in a awkward moment . Each of them were staring at him like he escaped from some prison and came here to hide . He was also feeling uneasy and restless . Now it was my turn to make the place bearable for all , he was there just because of my insistence. So , I very humbly requested them to allow us to stand near the door. There were many familiar faces whom I used to meet in some train or the other . They were kind enough not just to allow but to make us sit on the seats . As soon as we sat down , my eyes fell on his face . He was all exhausted and dehydrated as Las Vegas , after running vigorously for past 20 minutes as that fucking rikshaw collapsed in between , he continued to run to cover the rest of the way . But my hard luck , after passing such a long part of the day I was left with no water now . I wiped off all his sweat with the napkin .
I wanted to start off the conversation and talk all the way as it was after so long that we were meeting but then I got reminded about his internal , that he has to remain awake till late in the night , so I preferred not to indulge him in any talk instead asked him to take a nap so that he would feel refreshed afterwards and could focus on his studies without getting tired .
" No , I won't be sleeping now . After all we met after so long and after tackling so much of hurdles and don't even know when we'll be getting the another chance to have this moment again . I don't wanna miss it . " " Baby it's okay , where am I going ? I'm so here . Am I supposed to go somewhere ? You currently focus on your work . Sleep no baby. " Keeping his head in my lap , he slept . Even if we haven't met for a month, even if all the way he is going to sleep quietly and even if I did not know as ever when he is going to meet me again but I was very happy to have him with me . The feeling of being with him was greater than any pain and was gratifying my soul , keeping everything else aside . I was constantly beholding his face as resplendent as the full moon forgetting everything around and inside me , that my eyes suddenly fell on a woman sitting just in front of me , I hadn't noticed before , offering me the water . May be she would have watched me out while I was wiping off my drenched face , so I took the water bottle from her had few sips from it then I woke him up and fed him too as he was also not able to have a nice nap , with a thirsty throat . He drank the whole bottle of water in one stretch to feel human again and laid down in my lap again . I thanked the lady for this kindness . " Do you need something for him to eat " that middle-aged concerned woman asked , " No , no I'll take care of him no issues , thanks though " I replied with a smile .


0 Comments